You can donate a variety of assets to TOP.
- Appreciated stock. We work directly with Morgan Stanley, Raymond James, and Wells Fargo to facilitate the donation of your stock. Simply contact your own broker; or call us directly to help you navigate the process.
- Israel Bonds. Bonds can be added to any type of fund at TOP, whether that be one established by you or one for the benefit of your favorite organization.
- Cash. Send checks. The postmark on mailed checks is the accepted date of donation.
- IRA monies. Donors who are at least 70 ½ years old can transfer up to $100,000 from their IRA directly to TOP (but not into donor advised funds) to avoid taking the monies as income, thus avoiding related taxes. This special right to transfer is scheduled to expire at the end of the year. If interested, consult your tax advisor about your personal situation.
- Life insurance policies. You may donate an existing or new life insurance policy to TOP, enjoy immediate (and sometimes continuing) tax benefits, and direct TOP to create an endowment for your selected charity from the insurance proceeds after your death.
Certain provisions in the Internal Revenue Code often present some very creative ways to facilitate potentially larger charitable gifts than what you could give without those tax advantages. Common examples are Charitable Gift Annuities and Charitable Remainder Trusts. Both are special contracts that permit the donor to enjoy an income stream while living, and then, from the remaining assets, to create a lasting Endowment for the charity of his or her choice after the donor has passed on.
When you’re ready to give, simply give us a call or email us.